At Artemis we take your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal data.
This privacy statement describes how we collect, use, protect and share personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us when you use our website (www.chwv.co.uk) (the “Website”), and otherwise interact with us.
If you wish to contact us regarding this privacy statement, please see the contact details here.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
ABOUT ARTEMIS AND THE ARTEMIS GROUP
The Artemis Group companies are described further below. This privacy statement applies to handling of personal data by each Artemis Group company (“Artemis” / “we” / “our” / “us”).
The Artemis company within the Artemis Group to which you supplied your personal data will be your point of contact for data processing and marketing activities undertaken by it and, if applicable, any other member of the Artemis Group.
We explain below the role of the “data controller” which exists under the EU General Data Protection Regulation and how this could apply to the processing of your personal data by the Artemis Group.
This privacy statement does not apply to websites that you may be able to access via links, third party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on the Website, for example the Facebook “Like” buttons, and/or activities that are not run by us but by third parties.
We are not responsible for the policies and practices of these third parties. Any information you give to those organizations is dealt with under their privacy statement, terms and conditions, and other policies so please ensure that you review them.
DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU OR ABOUT YOU AND OUR SOURCES OF THAT DATA (INCLUDING WEDDING GUEST DATA)
The information we use about you falls into three categories: (a) data you give us; (b) data any member of the Artemis Group collects about you; and (c) data we collect from or are provided by third parties.
We may collect, use, store and transfer the following personal data about you:
- Data you give us
- when you visit our venues;
- when you make an enquiry or a booking in person, on the Website, by phone or when visiting one of our venues;
- when you inform us of any dietary requirements you may have (for example, allergies or food intolerances);
- when you register for an account on the Website;
- by filling in a form on the Website;
- when you use the Website;
- when entering into a prize draw or competition;
- if you ask us to provide you with marketing communications such as newsletters or updates, or information about special events or promotions;
- if you ask us to keep in touch with you;
- if you ask us to provide you with personalized content such as targeted advertising;
- if you contact us or correspond with us (for example, by phone, email or otherwise) for any reason, for example, when making an enquiry about a venue; or
- when you provide us with comments, opinions and/or feedback about our venues, our food and our service.
- Data we collect about you when you visit or use our Website
- technical information, including the type of device (and its unique device identifier) you use to access the Website, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device, your device and component serial numbers, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, operating systems, mobile network information and platform and details of any referring website or application; and
- information about your visit to the Website including full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), pages you viewed, page response time, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Data other members of the Artemis Group collect about you. Any information you provide to a member of the Artemis Group will be shared with us (for example, when you attend one of our venues).
- Data we collect from or are provided with by third parties. We may be given information about you from third parties, such as third party websites who advertise our services, third party suppliers for your wedding, venues where we act as their agent, venues you visit after the arrangement of such visit by us, social media platforms or anyone making a reservation on your behalf to attend one of our venues. This also includes data relating to wedding guests, on which we have provided more detail below.
- Data relating to wedding guests. Where we are planning a wedding, we will be liaising with our client. Our client may give us information relating to wedding guests to help plan the day. This could include accessibility information, as well as dietary information. We process this information only at the request of our client. In collecting wedding guest information and providing it to us, our client will be the data controller and the relevant Artemis Group company will be the data processor.
We may also collect information that is publicly available. For example, we may collect information about you when you interact with us through social media.
PERSONAL DATA NOT COVERED BY THIS STATEMENT
This privacy statement does not cover the processing of personal data in respect of candidates and prospective employees of the Artemis Group, who are subject to a separate recruitment Privacy Notice.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We will use the personal data held about you for the purposes stated below:
|Purpose of Processing||Type of personal data||Legal basis for processing|
|To process any visits or bookings for weddings where you are our client||Your name, postal address, email address, mobile number, any other contact details, details of any allergies and dietary requirements (including any dietary or access assistance requirements you may provide) and your reservation details including any wedding plans you may wish to tell us about||Performance of a contract and consent (in respect of any dietary or access assistance requirements of yours)|
|To process any visits or bookings for weddings provided by our client to us in respect of our client’s guests||Your name, contact details, details of any allergies and dietary requirements (including any dietary or access assistance requirements you may provide)||We process this data as a processor on behalf of our client, who is the data controller. The legal basis that will apply is legitimate interests of our client in allowing them to organize their wedding and provide for you as a guest to attend, as well as consent (in respect of any dietary or access assistance requirements). This consent will be obtained directly from you by our client and as a processor, we rely on our client having obtained your consent to disclose this information to us|
|To process any payments you make||Your name, bank details, credit card and/or debit card details||Performance of a contract|
|To manage our relationship with you, including:
||Your name, information about the issue raised, phone number and email address (if applicable)||Legitimate interest – to allow us to improve the overall customer experience with the Artemis Group|
|To process your registration to use our Website||Your username, email address, password and any other contact information||Performance of a contract|
|To send you our newsletter or update and to keep in touch with you||Your name and email address||Consent|
|To process your enquiry to visit a venue in advance of your wedding day||Your name, contact details and any other information about your plans for your wedding day that the venue need to know||Legitimate interest – to allow you to visit the venue, as requested by you|
|To tell you about our venues, or the venues we represent as agents where you have made an enquiry about such venue||Your name and contact details||Legitimate interest – to provide you with information about a venue, as requested by you|
|To inform you and to make suggestions and recommendations about our venues, services, products, offers, promotions or special events that we believe may interest you||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To provide you with marketing communications, for example, newsletters, updates and notifications||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or survey||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To provide personalized online content to you (via the Website, social media platforms and our online partners)||The technical information mentioned above, your name and Contact details||Consent|
|To enable us to keep the Website safe and secure||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to improve and ensure the safety of the Website|
|To compile reports (which do not personally identify you) about the use of the Website||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to improve the Website|
|To ensure that the content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to improve the Website|
|To deliver relevant online content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to understand our customers better, keep the Website updated and relevant and to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to understand our customers better, keep the Website updated and relevant and to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To better understand our customers||The technical information mentioned above, location data and information about product choices etc||Legitimate interest – to allow us to prepare statistical information to be used internally to better understand our customers, but also to understand the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising|
|To enable us to share your personal data with other members of the Artemis Group||Your name, email address, your partner’s name and any other relevant details of your wedding plans||Performance of a contract and legitimate interest to allow us to understand our customers better, to ensure that our offerings are updated and relevant and to develop our business and inform our marketing strategy|
|Cookie||Why we use it||Opt out infiormation|
|Google analytics||This cookie enables us to collect statistical information about how our visitors use our website so that we can improve the website and learn which parts are most popular to visitors and otherwise analyse user behaviour and retargeting.||https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
|Facebook pixel||For targeting.||https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217|
|VWO||To test two versions of a web page or app and compare their performance, in order to check design tweaks and improve conversion rates.||https://vwo.com/opt-out/|
By clicking “agree” on the cookie consent box when you first access the Website and by continuing to access and use the Website you accept our use of the cookies.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
For more detailed information about cookies and how they can be managed and deleted, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This privacy statement is in effect as of the date noted at the top of the statement. We may change this privacy statement from time to time. If we do, we will post the revised version here and change the “last updated date” (the date it applies from) at the top of the statement. You should check here regularly for the most up-to-date version of the statement. Continued use of the Website will signify that you agree to such changes, however, if we need to seek updated, additional or different consents from you, we will, of course, do so.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Questions, comments and requests regarding our privacy statement are welcome and should be addressed to:
Please also contact us if you would like to know more about our data processing activities, to update or amend any of your personal data which you have provided to us or if you believe our records relating to your personal data are incorrect.
WHO IS PART OF THE ARTEMIS GROUP
The members of the Artemis Group who could be “data controllers” in relation to your personal data are listed below. There will typically be one member of the Artemis Group to whom you have given your personal data or to whom your personal data has been given. This entity would be a “data controller” in relation to your personal data. The term “data controller” broadly means that the person who determines the purpose and means for which your data is processed. It is possible that you have given your data directly, or your data has been given, to more than one member of the Artemis Group in which case each such member could be a data controller of your data in that context.
For certain activities no member of the Artemis Group will be a data controller and the relevant Artemis Group company will act as a data processor. This applies when our client collects details of wedding guests (where he or she will act as data controller and provide that information to us to process on their behalf).
|Name||Registered Address||Registration details (applicable to EU data controllers only)|
|Artemis Venue Services Ltd||Suite 2a Rossett Business Village Llyndir Lane, Rossett, Wrexham, United Kingdom, LL12 0AR|
|Country House Wedding Venues Ltd||Curzon House 2nd Floor, 24 High Street, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 2LJ||Z8538786|
|The Galloping Gourmet (Coulsden) Ltd||Unit 14 Capital Business Centre, 22 Carlton Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR2 0BS||Z9832996|
|Curradine Barns Ltd||Curzon House 2nd Floor, 24 High Street, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 2LJ|
|Curradine Holdings Ltd||Curzon House 2nd Floor, 24 High Street, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 2LJ|